About Caregiver Certification Training
The cost of the Caregiver Training Program is
$899 $617 ($65 testing fee and $100 program registration fee included).
The total required training hours is 62 hours: 12 hours are hands-on training, 20 hours are completed by distance learning/homework, and 30 hours completed in the classroom which includes live lectures and computer based self-study, during the COVID 19 Pandemic, the 30 hours have been approved to be taken online. Our curriculum is approved by the NCIA Board, and once successfully passing the State Exam you will be awarded with a state certification.
The prerequisite includes a valid form of ID, a copy of your Social Security card, and an Arizona food handler’s card. Students create their own schedules .We provide lectures and tutoring sessions for caregivers throughout the week. Please see your E-Learning calendar for scheduled lecture dates and times. You are given 2 weeks minimum and 2 months maximum to complete the entire program. You must show activity at least 5 hours a week to be considered as an active student to avoid suspension.
Topics you will learn:
- Activities of Daily Living
- Care Team
- Legal & Ethical Issues
- Communication & Cultural Differences
- Infection Prevention
- Safety and Body Mechanics
- Medication Administration
- And more!
Caregiver Course Structure
- Admissions: Create a profile here and pay tuition by calling our school or online.
Once payment is processed you will receive a welcome email from a Course Assistant! *Enrollments are processed M-F 9am – 5pm and Saturdays 10am – 3pm*
- Step One: Orientation into your selected program.
- Step Two: Study and complete the caregiver curriculum.
- Step Three: 12 hours hands-on-training – includes a checklist to be filled out by the facility. If you are not currently working at an assisted living facility, notify an ALTS staff member to find to complete this step.
- Step Four: Submit state exam application
- Step Five: Take state exam and pass!
Caregiver Requirements for Employment
To get a job as a caregiver, you must have the following:
- A current and valid Arizona caregiver certificate.
- Fingerprint clearance card (offered at ALTS).
- Be CPR and first aid certified (offered at ALTS).
- An updated TB test (ask your PCP).
- An Arizona food handler’s card.